Monday, October 22, 2012

Wonders of the Met Museum

The Met Museum website is a treasure trove for costume fanatics. Though finding what you want can be a real pain, it's worth the effort.

Last week I found out the Met has digitized many of their exhibition catalogs. Of course I had to head over there and see what treasures could be found.

They did not disappoint. The Korean Renaissance (didn't know there was such a thing), Napoleon, posters, British fashion, samurais, a bunch of artists, Dior. Then the jackpot.

From Queen to Empress: Victorian Dress, 1837–1877
Of course I have to have it. For so many reasons.

But then I kept looking, going through the pages, and found another gem.

The Imperial Style: Fashions of the Hapsburg Era


I haven't looked through it yet, but it should be another treasure trove because it covers a wider era than the Victorian catalog.

I love the Met!

1 comment :

  1. Is this cool or what?!

    I just watched Snow White and the Huntsman last weekend. Mostly for the costumes. Rachel have you seen the detail in those rings? Make me long to visit a clothing exhibit somewhere. Thanks for the heads up on the Met collection!

    ReplyDelete