Tuesday, January 17, 2012

This and that and some news

I don't know how many people are still reading this, but I need to get it up and going again. Have some ideas on what I can do.

So, the news. Everyone and their mother knows by now I had two requests for a full at conference last fall. From Tamela Hancock Murray and Rachelle Gardner. Well, it's finally off to them! I've conquered my first series proposal at Tamela's request, including conquering the dreaded synopsis. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I got stuck for a few days trying to figure out the end of book three. That one is the least developed.

I'm considering a new weekly thing on my blog. Maybe more than weekly. I love 19th century fashion. Love love love it. Especially the middle part of the century. Other writers I hang out with are always asking me fashion questions. My Pinterest account is full of dresses from the 19th century, heavily favoring the 1860's right now. Because that's what I'm writing right now and because it happens to be my favorite decade of the 19th century.

Instead of me just raving about dresses I'm in love with, I'd love to answer questions about historical fashion. Specifically from writers, but I'm open to questions from others too. I think it'd be fun.

4 comments :

  1. Best wishes on your proposals!

    I saw your email on the loop, and I think your idea about a weekly 19th century fashion post would be an excellent added touch to your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto here, Rachel. Would be great to have such a blog... and congrads on sending off your proposals! Blessings, Cass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! It's going to be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to reading your posts on 19th century fashion, Rachel. Excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete