Thursday, October 13, 2011

ACFW Conference report

It's been three weeks since the ACFW conference. It goes down in memory as one of the best weekends of my entire life.

My Facebook friends and my fellow European lovers found this out the day it happened. But I haven't shared it here yet.

I went with a completed novel, for the first time. I pitched said novel to Tamela Hancock Murray and Rachelle Gardner. Both fall into the category of "dream agent".

Both of them asked for the full manuscript! And Tamela asked for the series proposal too. So I get to put my first proposal together. I'm still in edits and revisions, but they both know that. And besides, I want to send in the best work I am capable of right now. And if that means I don't submit till November, I'm fine with it.

I didn't come home with any new amazing breakthroughs in craft. But I did come home poised for the next step in the writing journey, and completely refreshed in spirit. God did indeed give me this gift of writing and an over-active imagination. And He wants me to develop it and use it to the best of my ability. Who am I to argue with God?

And the cherry on top is my mom--and probably everyone else who knows me--is praying I'll have to choose between the two of them. I might faint if that happens!

1 comment :

  1. Rachel, Congratulations! That is wonderful. I'll be hoping for the best for you.

    ReplyDelete