Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Great is Thy Faithfulness

I've been reminded over the last few days how God never abandons His children. When you're in the middle of a storm it's so easy to lose sight of His hand cupped around you, shielding you from the dangers. I get so caught up in just keeping my head above water that I forget I don't have to do it on my own.

My words disappeared at the end of November, 2009. After two new personal best word counts, the week of Thanksgiving is where my life really turned upside down. I moved halfway across the country and the man I thought I knew turned out to be a lie. I was shattered and broken.

There were a few trickles here and there over the last year, but nothing consistent. Nothing really worth keeping. It took me a year to add 8,000 words to my WIP. It was torture! The desire to write would peak its head out every now and then, but it never translated into actual words.

I'd been living in a desert and forgotten how sweet it is to have the words and plot points and ideas flowing freely.

Well, the desert is being watered, the dam has broken and MY WORDS ARE BACK! It all happened last week. I'm at my Mimi's house, helping her out after surgery on her broken leg. I came up here hoping I'd get some good writing in. I would have been happy with 2,000 words.

God had other ideas. I've added 4,000 words to The Yellow Flag since Thursday. I haven't tracked the daily word counts to see which day was the most productive, but it doesn't really matter. The word count is climbing steadily again, the sub-lots are focused, all necessary characters are talking, the set-up for the sequels is being built in, and I'm having the time of my life!

Look out, world, here I come!

No comments :

Post a Comment