Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Spotlight on Europe

Historicals are heating up in CBA, and with that heating up some new European settings are coming out. This has me excited!

Just released last week is a book titled "In The Shadow Of The Sun King" written by fellow HisWriters member Golden Keyes Parsons. The cover on this book is nothing short of stunning! It's one of those I would have bought based solely on the cover.

I had the pleasure of meeting Golden in the bookstore at conference on Thursday night and telling her in person what an awesome cover it is. Got to sit next to her in a couple of workshops and had my copy signed at the booksigning Saturday afternoon.

This is the first book in the Darkness to Light series and it's loosely based on Golden's family history. The hero and heroine of the book are French Huguenots, which means they were Protestants in a Catholic country. Not exactly a good combination in the 17th and 18th centuries.

I've been absent from blogging for quite some time now. I'll post later this week with a life update.

1 comment :

  1. I'm anxiously awaiting my copy of Golden's book, and looking forward to a great read. It's wonderful to see Christian historicals on the rise written by some fabulous authors who've been working hard for a long time to get published.

    ReplyDelete