Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Case of the Blahs

I've got a major case of the blahs lately. It's really hit hard today. I'm restless, ready for the next part of my life to begin. Whatever that is. I'm so tired of feeling like I'm in a holding pattern, waiting waiting waiting... I'm not all that great at waiting to begin with.

I haven't written much, practically nothing. Still plotting and working on things in my head, just not much actual writing going on.

I did finally get started reading With The Armies of the Tsar and just as I suspected it's turning into a gold mine of info. I'm only a few pages in and have already come across one of those little things that historical authors dream of finding. You know what I mean, that one little authentic tidbit that history never records but you *know* will bring your scene to life if you can just find it. And oftentimes you don't even know you're looking for it until you find it. I have a feeling this book will be full of little sticky flags by the time I'm done with it. I'm hoping maybe it will also help me crack Yelena open a bit more. I don't know much about her just yet.

No comments :

Post a Comment