Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Spotlight on Europe

This week's feature is a little different, not something I would usually feature. But it's such an amazing concept that I have to tell about it!

The book is titled A Curse Dark As Gold, and it's a YA historical fantasy. This novel is the debut novel of Elizabeth C. Bunce. I met her over a year ago on one of my cross stitch message boards, and go to watch her go through the final edits of the book, get it turned in and then start on all of the promo stuff. The book is getting amazing reviews, and I know for a fact that it's already sold out twice on Amazon.

It's a retelling of Rumpelstiltskin, set in the old mill towns of England. I had found the year a few days ago, but now I don't remember what it was...

From Elizabeth's web site:
As Charlotte struggles to manage the difficulties she inherits along with Stirwaters Woollen Mill, she discovers a shadow world at the fringes of the familiar: Dark magic, restless spirits, a mysterious Helper. A wicked uncle, an age-old curse.... How can Charlotte prevail with such forces allied against her? In this novel inspired by “Rumpelstiltskin,” the miller’s daughter of the fairy tale comes to life as a young woman determined to save her family and her mill--whatever the cost.

Just as an FYI, this is NOT a Christian novel, so the fantasy elements are probably not light fantasy. I haven't read it yet, but I plan to. It's based on a fairy tale, how can I not?

Elizabeth also does Renessaince Faires and is an amazing seamstress.

1 comment :

  1. The full name is Audrey Elise! =) means "noble strength" and "My God is a vow" =)

    ReplyDelete