Monday, February 4, 2008

Football!

(no, Elizabeth, I haven't turned to the dark side...)

I did not watch the Super Bowl yesterday. But I still watched a football game. More than one actually. In That's My Boy starring Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin. It was not one of their better movies, and it was very obvious that it was one of their early ones. The classic Martin & Lewis formula wasn't there. They're also a little too old in 1951 to be playing college athletes.

I've never given one whit about football really. Except for the annual Tigers-Hogs game the day after Thanksgiving. I don't understand the rules, I have no idea what's going on and don't even understand the scoring system. If you ask me what a first-down is I'll just give you a blank look. I don't even have a real desire to learn more about the game.

So why on earth do I have an NFL player in my head? At some point I will have to learn more about football. I will have to try and understand the rules because it's so important to Seth. Why did he have to be 6 foot 3 and not 5 foot 3? If he was a jockey I wouldn't have to learn a new game...

3 comments :

  1. I didn't watch the superbowl either. We may be the only ones! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you get ready to learn about football, just call me. I can explain everything, probably in a more comprehensive manner than a man can.

    And I can tell you my story about being in love with the third-string quarterback when I was in school at LSU. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Kaye, I probably know more about football than I need to =) You see, my dad was a football coach for as long as I can remember, then I married a referee. I think a football hero will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete