Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Spotlight on Europe

February is bringing something very exciting to the world of Christian historical fiction. Steeple Hill's Love Inspired is launching a new line, Love Inspired Historical. This has me very excited because easy to read, well written historicals will be available at practically every Wal-Mart in the country. This is fabulous!!

What really has me excited is the book that's launching the line. The Briton written by Catherine Palmer. Not only is it a historical novel, it's a European historical. And a medieval too! I don't see myself ever writing a medieval, but I certainly do love reading them. CBD has it listed as available in March, but Amazon and the LI website both have it available next week.

I also know for a fact that there are several Regencies in the LIH pipeline and that the editors are open to European set manuscripts. In fact, there are several Regencies coming out this year that aren't LIH. I see this as a very good thing, as I've said multiple times in the past.

My Wal-Mart is FINALLY carrying LI books, so next week I shall be haunting the book section waiting to see if the Historical line will be put on the shelves.

No comments :

Post a Comment