Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas quiz

1. WRAPPING PAPER OR GIFT BAGS? Both. Depends on what we have.

2. REAL OR FAKE TREE? There are trees that aren't real? Google Noble Fir and that's my favorite.

3. WHEN DO YOU PUT UP THE TREE? Sometimes between the 5th and 12th. With a real tree, if you put it up the day after Thanksgiving it's long dead by the time Christmas gets here.

4. WHEN DO YOU TAKE THE TREE DOWN? January 2nd or 3rd.

5. DO YOU LIKE EGG NOG? Nope! I even just tried some really high end eggnog and didn't like it. Tasted like cough syrup.

6. FAVORITE GIFT RECEIVED AS A CHILD? Hmm.... There were so many! Mama's very good at getting the perfect gifts. I guess my Molly doll would rank at the top of the list, and my fleece Tweety Bird blanket that I got a few years ago. Definitely wasn't a child when I got that one, but I love it so much.

7. DO YOU HAVE A NATIVITY SCENE? Yup, it's not Christmas without one.

8. HARDEST PERSON TO BUY FOR? My brothers!

9. EASIEST PERSON TO BUY FOR? Papa, it's a place called Think Geek.

10. WORST CHRISTMAS GIFT YOU EVER RECEIVED? I can't really think of one.

11. MAIL OR EMAIL CHRISTMAS CARDS? I've done both. Not doing any this year though.

12. FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE? White Christmas! BEST MOVIE EVER!!!! Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen with an Irving Berlin score. Heaven.

13. WHEN DO YOU START SHOPPING FOR CHRISTMAS? In the fall sometime, though I actually bought the first gift in June when I was in Pasadena.

14. HAVE YOU EVER RECYCLED A CHRISTMAS PRESENT? Nope. But then we've never been given a fruitcake either, lol.

15. FAVORITE THING TO EAT AT CHRISTMAS? Christmas cookies!

16. CLEAR LIGHTS OR COLORED LIGHTS ON THE TREE? Colored please. Twinkle lights and C-7's.

17. FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONG? O, Holy Night, White Christmas and Carol of the Bells.

18. TRAVEL AT CHRISTMAS OR STAY HOME? We do a little of both. Extended family lives off in other places, but Christmas morning is ALWAYS spent at home. We never hit the road until after lunch.

19. CAN YOU NAME ALL OF SANTA'S REINDEER? Only if I sing them.

20. ANGEL OR STAR ON THE TREE TOP? Angel! A beautiful Victorian angel with a Gibson girl face.

21. OPEN THE PRESENTS CHRISTMAS EVE OR MORNING? Christmas morning. Except for one year when we did them on Christmas Eve because of Papa's work schedule.

22. MOST ANNOYING THING THIS TIME OF YEAR? The traffic and the attempts to ban public displays of nativity scenes.

23. WHAT DO YOU LOVE MOST ABOUT CHRISTMAS? Everything! Christmas is my favorite time of the year.


I'm finally home and getting back into my groove. I've been dealing with a lost suitcase all week. The airline ripped the top handle off, where all the tags were, and somehow or other my suitcase ended up in Maine. Talk about going in the wrong direction! I'm filing a claim for the damages. The suitcase is practically new, only been used 3 times.

Got my first round of edits back from my crit partners. I'm having a blast working through them! The story is so much stronger now, and I'm not even done yet. Look out Genesis, here I come!

My regular blog features will resume next week.

2 comments :

  1. Welcome back! I hope you had a wonderful time, luggage notwithstanding.

    I too love White Christmas...isn't Rosemary Clooney DIVINE in that black dress at the Carousel Club when she sings "Love, You Didn't Do Right by Me"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I'm sorry to hear about the luggage, but glad you're home safe and sound.

    I'm beginning to think I'm the only one who loves egg nog!

    ReplyDelete