Sunday, December 16, 2007

Brain freeze

So, you have all these scene ideas swimming around in your head. You're desperate to write them down. Big problem though. You haven't got the faintest idea where to start!

If might help if the scene was something that actually belonged in a novel. But it's not. It's backstory for a character and it will never in a million years make it through edits. It's not crucial to telling the actual story, but that doesn't solve my problem. I want to write it. I need to write it. The backstory that goes with the scene is crucial to part of Nick's hidden fears, his Deepest Desires and why he's a commitment-phobe.

What I can't figure out is how to get it out of my brain and onto paper. I'm the only person who will ever know the gory details of what's happening. Doesn't stop the desire though. I'm tired, and when I'm tired the words just don't flow like I want them to.

Maybe Nick will tell me something tonight that will unlock the words...

1 comment :

  1. Did you write it? Wouldn't it be wonderful to write it down, then someday it becomes a necessary part of the story? May never happen, but it's fun to think about. I hope you got it out =)

    ReplyDelete