Monday, November 19, 2007

Goings on

The Friday Fact and Spotlight on Europe will be on hiatus for the next 2 weeks. This week is Thanksgiving and silly me having a retail job, I will be DEAD this weekend. By the time I get off work Saturday I will be a zombie, lol. And then I head to New York next week.

EIGHT DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other wonderful news, I haven't been around anywhere just a whole lot for the last few days because I've been spending that time doing job applications and taking skills tests. Twas most productive time, because I have a medical transcription job!!!!!! I start in January. My last day at Hobby Lobby will be December 29th, then I'll have a few days off to rest and recoup and do whatever.

Since I'm a new grad, my new job starts off with a 2 week apprenticeship class. It's an unpaid one, but hey, it's only 2 weeks! I'll be working one-on-one with an editor to get me up to speed on how they do things, formatting issues, etc. I'm pretty excited. I'm going for a full-time position, and for the first time in my life I will have benefits! Health insurance, paid holidays and vacation time!

Zoe's doing well. She's getting a couple of her stitches redone right now because the wound isn't pulling together properly. At no additional charge to me! That made me very happy.

4 comments :

  1. Congrats on the job! Where are you going to be working?

    And yay for free vet work...Zoe's going to cost you as much as the twins!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, kiddo! And have a wonderful time in New York. Take a bite out of the Big Apple for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hardly! The Twins are infinitely more expensive than Zoe. (and why am I proud of this?)

    CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete