Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Blahs

I've got a case of the blahs today. Don't feel like doing anything, don't want to write, don't want to read, don't want to cook supper. Kind of have to cook supper though...

I think part of if might be related to job hunting. I spent some time over the weekend applying for a medical transcription job, even though I haven't finished my course work yet. Never hurts to get yourself out there! I really liked the way the application process was set up. It wasn't "send in your resume and we'll make a decision", it was a test of my MT knowledge. Done in two parts, the first part was grammar and spelling and the second part was transcription. I nailed the first part, but I'm pretty sure I missed the second part by 2-3 words. I can re-apply at this company in 3 months, so I'll keep them on my list.

I got the email this morning that I didn't pass the second part of the test and didn't get the job. So in true form for me, I got right back out there on the job site and found a couple more. One is for an entry-level position, which is what will work out best for me right now I think. So now I play the waiting game again. I would love to have an MT job nailed down to start when I get back from Ria's house.

I do have a back-up plan in place though. It's requires a fee, though. I'll just keep checking the listings and applying and putting my resume out there and see what happens. So now I'm going to go attempt to fight this attack of the blahs with a stitching session!

1 comment :

  1. Just came over from Georgiana's (a writing friend) blog and saw you're going to Long Island. I grew up there and I'm wondering why and where??? Do you have a post buried somewhere?

    ReplyDelete