Sunday, October 14, 2007

So Sorry...

Uhm, yeah, I forgot... The Friday Fact that is. I worked 8 hours Friday and 8 hours Saturday, and Saturday on my lunch break realized I hadn't done it. Oops! I'm only working a half day this Friday, so hopefully I will remember.

And now for a little update on life in general!

I made a 97 on my Terminology final!!!!!!!! I am still so excited and thrilled over it. Yes, I did have my papers and notes handy and had to pull my trusty dictionary out a couple times, but that's why I have these tools. To use them and make sure I get things right. That is the purpose of a Medical Speller and a medical dictionary. An MT that won't use those tools isn't worth her salt IMO.

So, that leaves me raring to go with the actual transcription portion of my course. I spent Thursday afternoon setting all of that up, downloading my software, making sure my foot pedal works, making sure my keyboard is at the right height, etc. All of these things are very important, particularly the keyboard.

Then to top off the day with a cherry and whipped cream, 1100 words came pouring out on A Time For War, a new antagonist popped up and Sergei revealed another layer of himself. Whoohoo! However, I'm still struggling with exactly where to introduce Tatiana's POV. Right now I've got her a scene in Chapter 2, but I'm not sure that it needs to stay there. I know I need to get her introduced within the first 25 pages, but I'm not totally sold that I've done it in the right place.

I'm still having hour problems at work. I typed up a note to give to the boss, that way he couldn't misread handwriting. Laid out my case, made it VERY clear that I can only work a set amount of hours. This next week is under that limit, but we shall see what happens after that. I've got an application in for two positions at the hospital, so I'm just waiting to see what happens on that front. Where I'm at is fine, but I'm not going to turn down something better, or not seek out something better. One of the positions is an MT position, the other is a Unit secretary. Not something I've ever done before in this particular way, but it is all things that I've done before. If that makes any sense, lol.

The Munchkin is currently doing an excellent imitation of a slowly drying half-drowned rat. She must have fallen in the pool earlier this evening. She got the cover of my Writer's Digest wet...

2 comments :

  1. Good luck w/the hospital jobs. I am just about to order an ergo keyboard myself...can't seem to find one that doesn't kill my hands otherwise. I figure it can be my Christmas present to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all the fine work this week.

    ReplyDelete