Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Importance of Pronunciation

I've finally started the actual transcription part of my course. *cue happy dance* The first section is called the Warm-Up. The dictater is one of the school's instructors.

At this particular point in time, she has skewered so many medical words that it's unreal! She puts the emphasis on the wrong syllable ALL THE TIME. I didn't know it was possible to say "palmento" when you're supposed to say "palmetto". And cervical sounds really weird when the emphasis is on the "vi" instead of the "cer" as it's supposed to be.

And the way she said "prostatism" made it sound like prostitution. I am extremely glad that I'm already intimately familiar with most medical terms.

The good news is that I only have 3 sections left to finish the warm-up, and I should be able to complete most of those tomorrow afternoon. I'm also developing a dislike of my laptop keyboard now that I have my big one back. The laptop keyboard is just too small for me to hit my maximum speed.

No comments :

Post a Comment