Monday, October 15, 2007

10-20-30

I've been tagged not once, but twice! By Kaye and Erica. And even though I'm not 30 yet, I'll play. And then pass it on to at least one other person who also isn't 30 yet.

10 Years Ago: I was 14 and we had just moved from an itty-bitty Mississippi Delta town to the bustling metropolis of Alexandria. When you move from 5 stoplights and no Super Wal-Mart to the town with Sam's and TWO movie theaters, that's a big change! I was missing my best friend something awful and things weren't going the way we had thought they were going to go. Truth be told it was a rotten year. The next 6 were pretty rotten too.

I was also chewing on the idea that has now morphed into The Epic. This was the year when writing really started to play a big role in my life. It was a great escape to retreat into my own little world where I controlled the outcome of every little thing. In a world where we had no control over what happened, I fully believe it helped me hold onto my sanity. I was more aware of what was going on than my other siblings were.

20 Years Ago: I was 4. Yes, 4! Had already learned how to read, and Mama was pregnant with my youngest brother. The previous year holds my very first movie memory. We went to see The Fox and The Hound when it finally made it to the Natchez, MS movie theater. I have a very vivid memory of the bear rearing up on the cliff with Tod cowering underneath, and Copper running to the rescue.

30 Years Ago: My parents had just met. Aww!

I hereby and forthwith tag

My Mother
SIL Kati
Christina Berry
Michelle Sutton
Margo Carmichael
Mary Connealy

3 comments :

  1. Hi Rachel. I was tagged by Erica too. After reading your blog, I need to go find my walker (-;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done! Being in one's 20's makes remembering 30 years ago rough, doesn't it? :-p

    ReplyDelete