Sunday, September 2, 2007

Chewing on a new idea

And just pounded out the first thousand words of said new idea. It's not actually new, it's been up there floating around for a long time. I just haven't been able to figure out how to tell it.

For some strange reason, all the idea wanted was a prologue written in first person. Now that that's done, the focus of the story has solidified and it falls very firmly into the category of relational drama. I think that's part of what had it hung up. I also finally have a general idea of where to start the story. There is backstory that goes with, quite a bit of it actually, so it'll be a good exercise for me on how to incorporate that without it feeling like backstory.

It's another thing with a tough issue at the core of the story. I seem to be incapable of not dealing with tough issues in my contemporary fiction. Which is pretty odd to me considering I've never dealt with one myself.

It'll probably be awhile before it comes back out and gets any major attention. But when something lands so clearly in my head, I have to write it down. Now I can turn my attention back to A Time For War and not feel guilty about it.

No comments :

Post a Comment