Monday, September 3, 2007

5 more days

5 more days till I'm done at KH. I simply MUST remember to take a tote bag with me one day this week so it'll be easier to bring all my stuff home. I have 3 dresses up there, my hoop skirt, some snack stuff, and a load of jewelry. And at least one pair of shoes, possibly two. I honestly don't remember. And have to remember to turn my keys in Friday.

I love the Internet. Flying to New York from here is expensive. To the tune of nearly $600 expensive! That's a HUGE chunk of change for a plane ticket and I don't want to pay it. So I like to scour the Internet and all of the travel sites I can possibly find, looking for the best deal.

Did that just now because the earlier I buy my ticket to NY, the cheaper it is. I was looking at a flight that was $470, and that was the best I could find. But that flight's full and no longer on any of the travel sites. Today is when I started seeing the $6-700 tickets pop up, via Delta. I HATE flying Delta! Mostly because I hate the Atlanta airport. So I usually go through my list of sites to see which one has the best deal.

I didn't do that today. I decided to Google "airline coupon" and see what popped up. Lo and behold here comes a travel site called Side Step. Never heard of it. It searches ALL of the big name travel sites, plus the small ones, plus the airline sites. Thanks to Side Step, I have a ticket to New York through CheapTickets.com for just shy of $400. Needless to say I snapped it right up and even got to choose my own seats on 5 of the 8 planes I'll be on, I like aisle seats in front of the engines. Yes, 8 planes. Here, Memphis, Philly, Baltimore, NY. And back again. You don't actually buy your ticket on Side Step. It takes you to the site where the ticket is, and Cheap Tickets is owned by Expedia, which is where I usually buy tickets.

So all pre-buy tickets for the trip are purchased! Now we just have to decide if we want to brave the Staten Island ferry in November...

No comments :

Post a Comment