Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Light bulb moment!

I love and adore light bulb moments. You're sitting in your chair, or the car, or standing in line at the grocery store and all of a sudden... BAM! It just hits you, like lightening. (10 points for whoever knows what movie that line is from)

I'm sitting here in my chair, reading the ACFW loop digest and thinking about one-liners. I'm preparing to put together a one sheet for my Epic to have at the conference, and I'm mulling over one-liners. The individual stories have names, but the series itself does not. The working series title is The Belov Chronicles, which I don't really like. It's alright, but there's nothing catchy about it.

The one-liner for A Time For War is tentatively: A family separated by world war- will they ever come home again? More playing on themes and drawing them out.

And it hits me. The Light Bulb Moment. The name of the series is the Homecoming Trilogy.

Me and hidden themes again. A family separated by war, a home torn apart by yet another war, a family scattered to the winds and just looking for another place to call home. And then in the 3rd one, it all comes full circle with a return to the ancestral home and the passing on of family secrets, then going back to the new home and beginning again.

2 comments :

  1. Congratulations! That's catchy and sounds very appropriate.

    No clue what movie it comes from...though it sounds so familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man! I wanted the 10 points, but I have no clue what movie it came from :( Glad you found your series title--sometimes titles can be so difficult!

    ReplyDelete