Saturday, July 28, 2007

Rockin' Girl Blogger!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Kaye has bestowed the Rockin' Girl Blogger button on me! And so I pass it on to Kati, Laura, Michelle, my mom and Kim. Some of these ladies are stitching buddies, so this will be cross-posted on my stitching blog.

And now to the really cool meme that Georgiana and Kaye posted.

1. What's the one book or writing project you haven't yet written but still hope to?

Uh, all of them! Seriously, all of them. I can't write fast enough to keep up with my plot bunnies. At this very moment, I'd have to say Far Above Rubies. That's the one Lisa pesters me the most about. And Nick's story that doesn't have a name yet, and also Swing, Jitterbug and Jive. Like I said, all of them!

2. If you had one entire day in which to do nothing but read, what book would you start with?

That's a tough one! A REALLY tough one. I honestly don't know, there are so many on my list. OK, picking one at random.... Executive Orders! I'd start with that one. Ask me tomorrow and the answer will be totally different.

3. What was your first writing "instrument" (besides pen and paper)?

A desktop computer with Windows 3.1. Then we graduated to Windows 95! Papa bought a special student word processor and I was the one that used it most of the time. Reading back over some of those scenes is a very painful thing to do, but I did manage to print most of them out before the program became obsolete and was lost in a hard drive failure.

4. What's your best guess as to how many books you read in a month?

Right now it's kind of pitiful, only about 3. At my peak though, during the summers when I was younger, it was 15-20, sometimes more. We practically lived in the library when I was growing up. Small town in the middle of nowhere, so there were no bookstores.

5. What's your most favorite writing "machine" you've ever owned?

Without a doubt my laptop! I can write anywhere I want. I'm also very fond of my Pilot EasyTouch fine point pens, even though they're not "machines". Very cushiony grips on them.

6. Think historical fiction: what's your favorite time period in which to read? (And if you don't read historical fiction--shame on you.)

Oh dear! I love anything set in Imperial Russia, the Civil War (from a Southern POV of course!), late Victorian, WW2, American Revolution, Russian civil war. That's what populates the historical fiction sections of my bookcases.

7. What's the one book you remember most clearly from your youth (childhood or teens)?

The Snow Filly by Elyne Mitchell. It's an Australian YA book that was published in the 60's. My library had it, and I read it several times a year. I would kill to have my own copy, but alas it falls into the "rare used book" category and the cheapest one I've ever seen is $57. I'd totally pay that much for it if I could though. It was about this snow white filly who lived in the Australian bush, and the brumby stallion she fell in love with and how she helped rescue him when he was captured. Her best friend was a gray kangaroo named Benny.

1 comment :

  1. Plot bunnies? I love it! Will you send some to me?

    ReplyDelete