Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Change is in the air!

And I don't mean weather! And yes, I'm using lots of exclamation points!

I'm beginning the process of changing jobs. It's something that's been in the back of my mind for a long time, since January actually. There are things going on at work that I don't like, attitudes and directions that I can't be a part of. I have other skills, where I can get paid closer to what I'm worth, so I'm taking the opportunity.

If I get what I'm after, I'll be working from home. I don't know how that will affect my writing exactly, but it will allow me more funds to invest in my writing. I have this growing list of craft books that I want to get, but don't have the money to do so. And even if I did, I wouldn't have the mental energy to absorb the info contained in the books. It'll take some getting used, and probably lots of tweaking to get it just right. I'm looking forward to it though, and I think my health will be better off too.

2 comments :

  1. That's cool! What an exciting change, and hopefully you'll have a lot more time to devote to writing. I hope you get paid what you're worth too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto what G- said. Transitions like this are exciting and a wee bit scary! they sure keep life from being boring.

    ReplyDelete