Sunday, May 6, 2007

The Continuing Trials of Zoe

This is in danger of turning into a soap opera! First she impales herself getting out of a tree and has an abcess 2 inches deep then comes home with a drainage hole in her tummy. Then she gets treed by a Siamese and a piece of bark gets into the hole and it gets infected again.

And today, she's hurt her paw! I don't know how or when though. It's the left front. Went outside to get her so she could have her supper and she was curled up in a box in the sunroom. It's not the first time she's been in that box, so 2 hours ago when I saw her there I didn't think anything of it. Then I called her, and she didn't get up. Highly unusual when her supper is an hour late because I was watching a movie.

So naturally I go out there to pick her up and bring her in. She growls. Her growl of pain, which I am most familiar with now. So naturally I check her tummy first. Nothing. Check her back. Nothing. Then she uncrosses her paws and there it is, swollen twice it's normal size and it has to be throbbing. She didn't even touch her supper. Right now she's hiding under my daybed. Getting her out to take her to the vet could be interesting in the morning.

No comments :

Post a Comment