Saturday, April 14, 2007

Stumbling over little things

I've been mulling over titles for my Epic. I've hit on two good ones that I like, for the first two books. Still puzzling on the third.

So, I did a search on Amazon to see if my "titles" had been used in fiction recently. Only one of them has, on a Star Trek novel. Not terribly worried about that, lol. While doing that, I quite literally stumbled upon a book that will be most helpful for this particular project.

"What Life Was Like in the Time of War and Peace: Imperial Russia Ad 1696-1917"

WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't even know anything like this existed. It shall be most helpful in making sure I get the little things right. After all, it's those "little things" that breathe life into historical fiction.

2 comments :

  1. Isn't it amazing what we can find by just "stumling around" in Amazon? That's how I found some of my best research books when I was writing my historical.

    So, did you decide on a title?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like the research jackpot! I love moments like that.

    Your series sounds very interesting. I love history, and since I don't know a lot about Russian history, this would be a great way for me to learn. I'd read on!

    ReplyDelete