Saturday, March 3, 2007

Conversations with characters

Thursday night I had a conversation with Tanner. He's a Green Beret. He decided- much to my chagrin, that he didn't like the title of his and Annie's story. (Annie's his girl) And he informed me of this fact. It went something like this...

T: I don't like the name of our story. Doesn't suit us.

Me: Do I look like I care? And do you have any idea what time it is?

T: It's not late!

Me: Yes, it is. It's 11:30 at night and I'm trying to go to sleep! In case you forgot, I have to get up and go to work in the morning.

T: I don't care. We want it to be called "I'll See You In My Dreams". After all, I do tell her that.

Me: Do I look like I care right now?

T: Well I do! Changing it is the only way you'll get me to shut up

Me: Fine! I'll change it. But now what am I supposed to do with the other one? It took weeks to come up with you know.

T: Give it to Connor. It fits his story better than it does mine.

Strange how he was right. The old title does fit Connor's story better. But now it's all Tanner's fault that I have "I'll Be Home For Christmas" stuck in my head!

No comments :

Post a Comment